What we do…..
The West Lafayette Parks & Recreation Foundation is working to guarantee that our children and all future generations will continue to enjoy the parks, trails and greenways, open spaces, and recreational programs that enhance the quality of life in our community.
Although municipal funding priorities change from year to year, as well as from generation to generation, and municipal revenues fluctuate The Foundation is working to ensure that we protect our valuable parks and recreation resources and develop new ones as the community grows. Look around. Imagine losing some of the public greenspace, some of the trees and flowers, some of the facilities for recreation and play, or some of the opportunity to simply enjoy nature.
“To solicit, receive, and provide funds and property, and to receive gifts, bequests, and memorials, for securing, developing, maintaining, and informing the public about facilities and programs for West Lafayette Parks and Recreation.”
The Foundation commits to:
• providing financial support for recreational facilities and equipment.
• providing opportunities for donors to receive significant tax benefits for donating funds or property.
• assuring that donations or bequests are handled in the manner designated.
• providing opportunities for donors to multiply the benefits of gifts through matching funds.
• preserving and enhancing the heritage of our community.
providing opportunities for establishing lasting memorials.
When we meet….
January 26 at 11:30 am;
All other meetings will start at Noon – March 23, May 18, July 20, September 21 and November 16, 2017.
Meetings are usually held at the Lilly Nature Center.